April 15, 2011

Lemuria

A sea captain from ancient Greece
Set forth upon the Golden Fleece
To seek the shores of his caprice,
Lemuria!

The prophecies and legends old
Described an ancient land of gold
That brimmed with dazzling wealth untold,
Lemuria!

Beneath his bow the oceans raced.
He swore a vow in reckless hast
That he'd be damned unless he faced
Lemuria!

Passed seven years upon the main,
The sea an endless, barren plain
And still he sailed the world to gain
Lemuria!

Dismayed, he paced the deck at dawn
When like a veil, the mist was drawn
And at long last he gazed upon
Lemuria!

Elysium could not compare
To such resplendent beauty there,
Yet it dissolved like smoke on air.
Lemuria!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting poem.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Things concerning the computer have been rather difficult. :/
As for how I like Ohio and Cedarville: Ohio just happens to be one of my favorite states. It's so beautiful up there! I absolutely loved everything about Cedarville except the worship, which surprised me. To me, it seemed to be more of a performance than a worship session. But that just might be my personal taste. And it was only one worship session. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on it.

I'm sorry, but that's all I have time for. Please don't view me as being judgmental; because I am trying to be the exact opposite.

Thank you for all of your encouraging comments on my blog.

In Christ,
~Sammy

Mark Zellner said...

Good to hear back from you, Sammy! Glad you like Ohio, it's grown on me over the years. Three cheers for a positive outlook! Thanks for explaining yourself, I think I understand better now where you are coming from; you don't sound judgmental at all.